Friday 26 September 2014

Today one of my pupils took their driving test. This is always a nerve racking time for both my pupil taking their test but also for myself as I  want them to do well and pass first time. I still remember taking my test many years ago and how nervous I was so I know how they feel!
Just to add to my anxiety, my pupil decided he wanted me to sit in on the test. This is fine and I'm always more than happy to go on the test if my pupils want me to. If they don't pass, it is useful to have seen what went wrong first hand so I can help them to improve for their next test, however it is not the most relaxing experience sitting in the back of the car watching your pupil on test hoping that they will deal with each situation you see coming as well as you know they can.
My pupil drove very well throughout the test and completed the left reverse manouvre, which was one that he had said he hoped he didn't get, with relative ease. He went on to the independant driving section of the test where he was asked to follow severeal different signs throughout the 10 minutes. He showed good progress when he overtook several vehicles on the dual carriageway.
I was very pleased to hear that he had passed when we got back to the test centre, so big congratuations!
Now all that's left for me to do with him is some motorway training and wish him all the best with his driving from this point forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment